Never Ending Nail Struggles

16:20

Hello everyone!

Nails. I can never get them quite right and yet I always do what the tutorials tell me! Here are my struggles and ways I try to prevent them.

Dry and Brittle

Particularly over the Winter months my nails always seem to be breaking, peeling and just not looking good. I've never found a product that completely fixes this but I do think Botanics Hand and Nails Cream does a pretty good job in that department. I also love Sally Hansen's Nail Rehab and a bog-standard nourishing nail-polish remover, they add that little bit more hydration when you need it most.   



Vile Cuticles

There's nothing love-hate about my relationship with my cuticles, I hate them, they're thick and dry and just urgh! Burt's Bees Cuticle Cream is the only thing that has ever worked for me and I seriously swear by it. It leaves them feeling nourished and soft, it smells like lemons too which is always a bonus!



Varnish Application

Simple for some but not for me! I must be either really cack-handed or OCD because I can never seem to get them quite right. One nail is always a tad too thick, another you can see the layers separately and one may aswell be a mucky child's finger painting session. These three things tend to help me out:
  1. Always dab the excess off your brush
  2. Slow and steady wins the race
  3. 3 swipes - Left, Right and Centre
Hair Indentations

Nothing annoys me more than waking up to your fresh manicure with pefect hair imprints all over it. Luckily there are two easy ways of preventing this, apply very thin coats (even if it takes you five of them thin is best) and tie your hair up! Simple, right?

Day 1 Chipping

This is almost inevitable if you live a very hands-on, active life so there's not much you can do. Just try and buy some of the more long-lasting nail varnishes and a good top coat. I like Barry M (who doesn't?), Essie, Illamasqua and Sally Hansen!


I hope you enjoyed this post, tweet me your nail struggles @bronwynsbeauty,
Bronwyn x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow me on Instagram

Like me on Facebook

Follow me on Twitter

Subscribe